To read in German please select language in the menu.

Yep, it’s been a long while since I’ve posted that tweet. Just weeks later I ordered said palette…plus some extra products shh…

The curiosity!

I am sure you understand.

Next to FashionistA’s Dupe of the Urban Decay Smoked Palette and the NAKED 1 und NAKED 2 Dupes by MUA,  a third, brand new online shop has launched its version of the NAKED 3. I know, I know, Urban Decay has insanely pigmented eyeshadows, great quality etc. But really, with eyeshadows especially I find it very hard to justify high end prices considering the very similar ingredients in all of the powder shadows. Which is why my absolute limit with powder eyeshadows in general regarding spending is considerably low. Before I turn to the palette, though, some words on all the other goodies I ordered, mostly just based on the pictures/swatches on their website.

The One Foundation | 29ml | £4 | 16 Shades

Make Up Revolution Haul FoundationMake Up Revolution Haul Foundation

Due to my ongoing interest in trying foundations, nod to the Foundation Friday, respectivley due to the bottle shape – I admit they caught my eye, I did have some suspicions there – I ordered two shades of the “One Foundation”.

Yes, said packaging does remind of Daniel Sandlers Watercolor Fluid Blushes, doesn’t it? That is exactly what’s so special about it: It’s waterbased. You have to shake them up well before using to mix the pigments. Runny like water but still quite blendable, surprisingly enough. The bottles all look the same, by the way. The boxes they come in indicate the shade by a colour strip at the top.

Another bonus for Make Up Revolution: 16 (!) shades in this range alone, one of them is white. They don’t have names, just numbers, so I ordered number 1, the white and number 3, the lightest yellow toned foundation. For just £4 you receive 1ml less than the usual foundation bottles contain, but more details on the foundation my next Foundation Friday (shh No 19…)

Vivid Blush Lacquer | 9g | £3 | 6 Shades

Make Up Revolution Haul Liquid Blush BloomMake Up Revolution Haul Liquid Blush BloomMake Up Revolution Haul Liquid Blush Bloom

Just about due to curiosity as well I picked up one of their liquid blushes instead of an usual powder one. I chose one of the most neutral shades to be certain I will be using it. If I liked the texture.

And let me tell you I do! I find this liquid blush well made indeed. The consistency is smooth but creamy as well, pressing the pump sensitively one pump is easily enough for both cheeks and lasts amazingly long – as it dries matte it interacts well with any highlighters or bronzers, looking fresh and this shade, Bloom, is looking also very natural. For blending the blush lacquer both fingers and brushes is working well, personally I love using the realTechniques Stippling Brush. I am really quite content with my decision, powder blushes I own more than enough anyway.

Eye Dust | 1.5g | £1 | 25 Shades

Make Up Revolution Haul Eye DustsMake Up Revolution Haul Eye DustsMake Up Revolution Haul Eye Dusts Swatches

No, I don’t know why I swatched them the wrong way round.

Well, actually, I just wanted to pick up Rivalry, an emerald green with golden shimmer. But this “just £1!” was just too tempting, obviously. So I got Virtuous as well – a rose-lavendar-taupe, working ohsowell with the Iconic 3.

Those pigments work like you would expect it – the sifter holes a big enough to shsake out enough product and they are even more pigmented when used with a wet brush. In my opinion, Virtuous is slightly more shimmery than Rivalry but none of them have chunky glitter. There are plenty more shades and even though I got about 2431 taupes rolling around in my drawers I still fancy more!

Palette | 14g | £4 | 15 Palettes

Make Up Revolution Haul Iconic 3 Urban Decay Naked 3 Dupe

The reason to order. Obviously.

Even though I honestly never was tempted to actually purchase any of the original UD palettes, I got to admit that their idea of the “NAKED” range was rather brilliant. The first two palettes, I mean the MUA equivalents, I use on a regular basis throughout the year. As the Naked 3, a “rosy-neutral” palette was announced I already knew I would like it. Weeks, months of waiting have passed by and none of the usual suspects seemed to be interested in launching anything even remotely similar.

The Make Up Revolution brand only launched its website in March. When clicking through that new shop I immediately realised what was going on here. Next to the three obvious dupes there are more interesting palettes, I am talking about the Essential Mattes, for example. Lot of stuff to browse!

But on to some pictures now:Make Up Revolution Haul Iconic 3 Urban Decay Naked 3 DupeMake Up Revolution Haul Iconic 3 Urban Decay Naked 3 DupeMake Up Revolution Haul Iconic 3 Urban Decay Naked 3 DupeMake Up Revolution Haul Iconic 3 Urban Decay Naked 3 Dupe

If you know the High End model you will know the colour selection of this palette: Three matte shadows, of which two are rose-taupes (♥), the rest of the shades are frosts, some are infused with some glitter, like the second colour. My favourites are the matte shades, the third rose tone and the two darkest shades of the palette. These seem fairly unique to me.

While swatching I noticed that the second, darker half of the palette was easier to swatch, more pigmented. The first rosy shades are just so much lighter, the very first one doesn’t even show up on my white arm. The following shadows can be built up nicely though, two to three layers and you are good, none of them failed me completely.

Would you be interested in a separated post with more impressions and swatches?

I took about 35221 pictures of both palette and swatches, so this would not pose a problem haha.

A while ago I posted this look on Instagram, quite standard really but it shows off this “rosy-neutral” theme of the palette I suppose. Lid colour: Number 3/Burnout, outer V mix of number 15&16/Darkside&Blackheart, blended with number4/Limit.

Make Up Revolution Haul Iconic 3 Urban Decay Naked 3 Dupe Make UpEdit June 2014: More Swatches here.On this last shot you can see the colour indicators on the foundation packaging:Make Up Revolution Haul Iconic 3 Urban Decay Naked 3 Dupe

So, this might be just another shop I will keep an eye on. Some products seem to be original in comparison to other stores, some are just really similar. Personally I would like to try one of the baked blushes or the eye primers (there is a matte one!)…what will you discover? Shop: Make Up Revolution, also available on Superdrug.

Original or dupe-shopper? Do you keep an eye out on cheaper alternatives of high end products? Did you know Make Up Revolution?

I was thinking about creating a post showing off all three NAKED Dupe palettes now, just FYI 😉

You May Also Like

24 comments

Ja, ich hätt gern einen ausführlicheren Beitrag zur Palette! 🙂 Und ich bin auf den FF gespannt, freu mich schon auf deine Meinung dazu!

Ich hab mir grade drei Paletten bestellt…und ich bleibe dabei, ich glaube, dass der Laden zu MUA gehört. Als die Seite noch frisch war stimmten jedenfalls die Adressen überein, jetzt hat MURevolution kein Impressum mehr. Oder es ist gut versteckt 😉

*-* Ich alter Geizhals bin immer auf der Suche nach günstigen Produkten (die Naked 3 musste ich Opfer natürlich direkt haben..) und ich werde SOFORT in den Shop rennen!!!

Die Palette sieht wirklich interessant aus. Ich mag die Paletten von MUA auch sehr gerne.
Mich verwundert allerdings, dass du die Foundation als wasserbasiert beschreibst, sie besteht doch fast nur aus Silikonen.

Ich muss ja zugeben, dass ich zu den Original-Shoppern gehöre, prinzipiell habe ich nichts gegen Dupes der UD Paletten, aber irgendwie ist’s doch was Besonderes und ich verbinde mit jeder meiner Paletten eine besondere Erinnerung, weil ich sie mir immer im Urlaub gönne 🙂

Die Foundation klingt aber auch super interessant, mir gefällt es, dass sie auch in Weiß erhältlich ist, so kann man zu dunkle Foundations gut mischen! Bin gespannt was du dazu sagst

@Lilo
Ist sehr gut versteck in den terms and conditions untergebracht ;D Anscheinend haben die jetzt aber einen eigenen Eintrag im Handelsregister oder so… na, wer weiß ;D
Ich jedenfalls verspüre das akute Bedürfnis, dort zu bestellen… <3

ich finde leider auf der Seite nicht die Info über die Versandkosten. Was hast du gezahlt?

Ich kaufe nur selten Dupes, weil ich irgendwie doch immer das Original haben will 😉 Finde aber solche Posts trotzdem total spannend und freue mich immer über neue Marken zu lesen. Bin auch sehr gespannt auf deine Review zu den Foundations 🙂 Liebe Grüße!

Als ich bei einigen englischen Blogs darüber gelesen hatte, habe ich gleich zugeschlagen & mir vor einigen Wochen die Iconic1-3 bestellt.
Die 2 war nicht so mein Ding, deshalb hat sie mich wieder verlassen, aber die anderen beiden sind häufig im Gebrauch & ich bin sehr glücklich damit. Wo ich jetzt Deine Bilder sehr, wünschte ich, ich hätte Virtuous mitbestellt, das sieht nämlich phantastisch aus.
Auf Deine Review der Foundations freue ich mich schon.
Hab mir übrigens kürzlich die Revlon Colorstay Dry in Buff bestellt & mag sie sehr. Ideal ist sie bei mir, wenn ich sie 1:1 mit der Catrice All matt Plus mische.

Aw. Ich hab ebenfalls schon bei der Seite bestellt und natürlich war der Hauptgrund die Iconic3 Palette. Ich liebe sie heiß und innig, auch wenn sie natürlich keine UD Qualität hat (hab die Naked 2 zum Vergleich), aber sie tut ihren Dienst und ich steh drauf.
Dupes sind eine feine Sache und MUA& Makeup Revoulution machen das sehr gut.

Ich hab btw die gebackenes Blushes gemieden, weil sie nicht so toll sind (zuviel Glimmer), aber die normalen Blushes und Lippenstifte sind gut. Die Base habe ich auch getestet, sie ist eher so mittel, aber ok.

Die Foundations sehen toll aus, leider hab ich mich an die nicht rangetraut- vielleicht bestelle ich aber nochmal, die Marke überzeugt sehr.

uiiiii die haben ja viele bunte Sachen *___* dazu fühle ich mich ja hingezogen 😀

Oh wie toll, die Marke kannt eich noch garnicht. Besonders die Foundations finde ich sehr interessant. Ich bin gespannt wie du sie auf lange Sicht hin findest:)

Bei den Naked Paletten geht es mir ähnlich…meine Schmerzgrenze ist da irgendwie viel kleiner, als bei MAC und CO 😀 Allerdings hab ich schon so lange geliebäugelt mit der Naked 2, das ich die mir wohl doch noch in Original zulegen werde. Die anderen beiden Paletten würde ich auch eher mit Dupes ausgleichen…die interessieren mich aber auch nicht soooo sehr wie die Naked 2.

Generell finde ich es aber gut, das es Dupes gibt, so bleiben einem viele Kosten erspart und man kann anhand der Dupes erst einmal schauen, ob man den Originalpreis auch ausgeben würde. Den “Club” von MAC wollte ich mir z.B. nicht in Original kaufen….da macht mich das Wet’n wild Dupe schon überglücklich und ich benutze ihn garnicht soo oft. Das Original wäre also reine Verschwendung gewesen.

LG Eve

Mich interessierten die Naked Paletten schon sehr, aber das ist definitiv nicht im Budget bei mir. So rosa Töne sind perfekt für mich, weshalb mich dein Post schon sehr neugierig gemacht hat. Ich wäre auch sehr interessiert an einem ausführlichen Post über die Palette. 🙂

WOW – ich selber bin eher ein Beauty sparer. Okey vor kurzem habe ich mir etwas teureres zugelegt, aber eigtnlich bin ich eher sparsam und gebe die Scheine für Mode aus. Aber diese Palette ist wirklich toll. Die Farben gefallen mir super super gut! Ich denke, diese wird demnächst bei mir einzug erhalten und wird ausgibig getestet. Ich selber habe keine Naked Palette und bin auch so glücklich. Aber dieses Schnöppchen kann ich mir nicht entgehen lassen 🙂

Liebst P –

Ahhh, du Anfixerin! Hab mir jetzt alle drei Paletten bestellt 🙂 Und die MUA Undress Me Too (die Undressed hab ich schon 😉 ) auch gleich noch. Zur Not verschenk ich die Paletten, aber Neutrals gehen immer und Rosé-Töne sind meine neuen Lieblinge. Außerdem ist bei dem Preis ja echt nix kaputt.

Die Original-Paletten hätte ich zwar auch gern, aber dafür ist mir das Geld zu schade.

Liebe Grüße
Nathalie

Ich habe alle 3 Naked Dupes der Firma bestellt und bin zufrieden. Super auf Reisen und daheim, wenns schnell gehen muss.
Habe gelesen, dass bald auch Blush Paletten rauskommen sollen. 🙂 Die werde ich mir für den Preis sicherlich auch bestellen.

@ReaMUA, Vivo, MUR usw. gehören alle zur FB Beauty Ltd. 🙂 Wird auch gar nicht verschwiegen, steht zB bei MUR auch auf der Facebook Page! Ist halt so was wie essence/Catrice bei uns oder L’Oréal usw. Find das sogar ganz gut, so können mehr Produkte rausgebracht werden, als nur mit einer Marke, die vermarktet wird.

@La Paysante VerdeNatürlich sind Silikone enthalten, jedoch haben die Foundations eine völlig andere Basis als andere “flüssige” Make Ups, die man so kennt. Wenn man sie nicht schüttelt, kommt auch erst mal nur die klare Flüssigkeit.

@AnonymIch habe es abgeholt. Unter Delivery Rates steht aber gleich European Standard ist £4.95.

@MoosemanOh ich bin immer noch versucht bei den gebackenen Blushes – gebackene haben ja meist Glow, ich wäre deshalb nicht abgeneigt 🙂 Obwohl es ja neue Too Faced Heart Blushes Dupes gibt, die mich ebenfalls reizen haha!

@EveDer Gedanke kommt mir auch oft 🙂 Wenn man es nicht täglich verwendet usw, schwebt immer dieses Damokles Schwert der Verschwendung darüber! Daher wäre ich wohl eher versucht, etwa eine High End Foundation als eine High End Lidschattenpalette zu kaufen…

@piranhaprinzessin.comHehe, da hast du ja dann ein Dupe doppelt! 😀

Ich liebe Makeup Revolution. Die Qualität finde ich super gut und der Preis ist top. Ich schau eigentlich gar nicht so darauf ob ich jetzt das mega tolle Duper zu einer High End Marke kaufe und kauf die Produkte auch nicht weil sie ein “Dupe von…” sind. Zwar habe ich in meinen Posts die Dupes erwähnt aber das ist einfach eine Service-Sache. xD
Meine ersten Produkte waren glaube ich die Awesome Metals Eye Foils die wirklich ein Dupe zu den sauteuren Stila-Teilen sind. Bislang hab ich auch gern Produkte gekauft die nicht so oft auftauchen, wie eben die Metals und auch die Liquid Lipsticks oder die Highlighter.
Ende August gibt’s auch bei Talasia eine Blogparade zu der Marke. =)

LG