Next to the many skincare samples that were handed out at the Beautypress Event, the NYX products are easily and quickly “reviewed” – new skincare just takes its time! – therefore, I take on the eyeshadows that were in the goodiebag as well.

Just like the blushes and baked eyeshadows the hot singles come with the bow at the closure.

I guess you could possibly mistake them for other eyeshadows of a three letter brand with a higher pricetag…

And not even just because of the black, round packaging, but also due to the choice and quality.

As I weren’t that impressed by the baked eyeshadows (I only tested two though!) I didn’t have too high of expecations about the cute, tiny Hot Singles.

I tested 11 eyeshadows and my conclusion in short: Very good! That also might be due to the colour selection, but I must say I appreciate how many neutral and matte shades NYX offers. Which work just about the same way I described with the matte shadows in the Zoeva Smoky Palette: Excellent for blending and shading, less for precise, bold results.

Don’t get me wrong, they are all very pigmented, not chalky at all, but these neutral colours are a perfect definition of “smoky”.

NYX Hot Single Eyeshadows

NYX’s Hot Singles are intense! Powerfully loaded with pigments, this versatile formula lets you make a statement for any occasion. Whether your looks is edgy or natural, NYX’s unique formulation is easy to blend and build on. 88 amazing shades inspired by the latest fashion runway trends.

Die Brauns

NYX Hot Single EyeshadowsNYX Hot Single Eyeshadows Coquette Over The Taupe Happy Hour swatches

Who would have thought to find such a great selection of warm and cool brown shades at NYX? I honestly nebver thought of this brand – even though I am constantly on the hunt for ze perfect crease colour. All three are really close to what I would choose – if you are going for a more cool toned purple-ish look, Coquette and Over The Taupe are just great, Happy Hour is a perfect blending shadow for warmer make ups, say with rusty tones.

Die Neutralen

NYX Hot Single EyeshadowsNYX Hot Single Eyeshadows Vixen Sin Stiletto Sex Kitten swatches

Yes, we continue with even more exotic shade names: Vixen is the ideal matte beige, melting with my pasty self, obviously. A step further, for blending the blending, basically, you got Sin. Which makes everything look very soft and complete without any visible “lines”. Stiletto and Sex Kitten are your typical “what should I be using on the lid today?!”-colours. Especially Sex Kitten is great in combination with the following red tones.

Die Rots

NYX Hot Single EyeshadowsNYX Hot Single Eyeshadows Heat Bad Seed Showgirl LOL swatches

I can’t even tell you how happy I was seeing all those red shadows next to all the neutral shadows in the goodiebags! I love red on the eyes (duh) and even though the shadows might not be completely unique – cough Sleek i-divines Sunset cough – I do like using Heat and Showgirl a lot:

Ein von @godfrina gepostetes Foto am

Bad Seed also is a perfect Dupe for Inglot eyeshadow Shade 50, the matte bold Orange LOL (#facepalm)…well when do you find such a strong colour? (Let’s not talk about the names #hipster).

All those neutral shades have been in my make ups the past few weeks, the boring ones, that basically look the same on pics as well as the more colourful ones, which you can see on Instagram.

I am positively surprised and can recommend all of these shades. None of them seem to be a failure regarding pigmentation or texture; quite the positive surprise after the baked shadow experience

You will be able to get the Hot Single Eyeshadows at Douglas for €5,99 (1,5g) early 2015.

How do you like the look of the NYX Hot Singles? Do you order NYX abroad or do you buy at Douglas? Does the brand fit in there?

You May Also Like

19 comments

Die Lidschatten werde ich mir mal bei Douglas live anschauen. Coquette & Over the Taupe könnten dass für mich sein.
Danke fürs Vorstellen!
Glg
Jennifer

Die Brauntöne sehen großartig aus! Danke für die tollen Bilder 🙂

Nyx Lidschatten sind wirklich super! Ich habe bereits einige und freu mich dass sie jetzt endlich mal mehr Aufmerksamkeit bekommen! Ich fand die alte Verpackung ja etwas individueller – die Runde erinnert doch sehr an MAC… Aber das wird wohl die Intention sein.
Egal wie, die Farben sind jedenfalls einsame Spitze! Jetzt noch Preise wie in den USA und mein Traum wäre perfekt 😀

Die Lidschatten sind wirklich toll. Dein AMU gefällt mir sehr sehr gut =)

Bei der Farbzusammenstellung ganz oben habe ich auf den ersten Blick gedacht Du zeigst die Respect-Palette von Sleek. 😀 Nach dem Post denke ich, dass die Lidschatten auf jeden Fall einen Blick wert sind und vor allem “Vixen” gefällt mir, da ich Highlighter-Töne in den Paletten immer viel zu schnell leer mache. 😀 NYX habe ich bisher immer bei Douglas direkt gekauft, online noch nicht. Dabei gibt es nur online die viel interessanteren Produkte wie die Pigmente…

Das hört sich ja toll an, matte Lidschatten findet man in guter Qualität in diesem Preissegment ja eher selten.

Gut, dass mein Kaufverbot nur bis Ende diesen Jahres geht^^
Sehr schöne Bilder, ich werde mir die Lidschatten definitiv näher ansehen!

Gerade diese rötlichen Töne sind wirklich wunderschön und sehen top pigmentiert aus!! Tolle Farben und ein super AMU damit!

Die Rottöne sind echt ein TRAUM! Vor allem die erste und dritte Farbe *_*
Trotzdem muss ich sagen, dass ich kein Fan von Einzellidschatten bin. Ich habe lieber Paletten. Das finde ich praktischer und auch übersichtlicher.
Wenn NYX die als Palette rausbringen würde, würde ich sofort zuschlagen!

LG Ramona

Von den Blendefarben sind viele was für mich die sehen wirklich sehr gut aus. Und wenn die Qualität wirklich so gut ist werde ich mir vielleicht den ein oder anderen zulegen.

Die Brauntöne sind wirklich wunderschön.

LG Lu

Ich finde schade, dass es bei Douglas im Geschäft immer nur eine kleine Auswahl der NYX Lidschatten gibt. Ich swatche halt doch ganz gerne, bevor ich was kaufe … Die Farben sprechen mich alle sehr an, besonders mit Coquette bin ich am äugeln …

LG, Sandra

@BlondieUnbedingt, ich find’s sehr schade, dass man sich hier so stark als “Mittelklasse” positionieren will!

@JasminHa, jetzt, wo du es sagst – cannot be unseen 😀

@Ramona VoigtOh, aber NYX hat einige sehr gute Paletten, wie ich höre! 🙂

Also erstmal: toller post, tolle swatches und tolle bilder, waren sehr hilfreich 🙂
ABER ich glaube du hast in der einen nildbeschreibungen die farben sin und stilletto vertauscht, wollte ich nur erwähnen auch wenn der post schon älter ist 🙂