To be honest with you, whenever there is just a fraction of time to do my make up in the morning, I just can’t deal with intricate colours and techniques – more so than ever I reach for “nude”.
The Make Up Revolution I Heart Chocolate Palette and I have had a growing relationship for the past few weeks, simply because there’s not just the usual “boringnudes” but also darker shades in my favourite colour: Burgundy
(and olive green).
Many other, more compact natural palettes offer exactly that: Nude colours. I can actually understand pretty well why MUR chose to dupe the Too Faced Chocolate Bar, next to the LORAC Pro palettes it’s one of the few selections with some colour splashes mixed in with everyday-wear colours.
That Make Up Revolution I Heart Chocolate Palette just looks so good, I’ll show you it again:
- After eyebrows and eyeshadow base I started prepping the crease with the light warm brown Thank Friday.
- What a Way to Go, the beautiful Burgundy, I applied on the outer V and blended with One More Piece.
- On the lid itself I applied the gold, Chocolate Love, and blurred the edges with You Need Love.
- To ease the transition between the gold and burgundy more seamless, I blended Love Desire between.
- Blurring any harsh lines with You Need Love I also used it as a brow highlight.
- Apply your favourite black eyeliner, mascara and blend some more What a Way to Go on the lower lashline as well as More! in the inner corner.
- Tightlining with a black pencil and some brown kohl on the waterline…done!
A strange angle, isn’t it? To be honest with you – you can’t really see yourself that way either, eh? ?